Friday, April 4, 2008

For Dawn & Saskia...

Having 2 RAW meals a day now. I feel good but also hungry. I'll work that out as I learn more though. Water intake is good, could be better. I'm adding lemon juice to my water now too. I have a large, blind pimple under my right eye.
Eh, what are ya gunna do?

So this how I am making my green smoothies right now.
I don't have a juicer so I'm using 100% juice in a carton.
So, here we go.
Chuck the following into a blender...


  • banana
  • any other fruit you like
  • a smidge of juice to get things going. You could also use water instead or as well.

Blend. Always blend your fruit first. I read that somewhere & it does make a difference to the taste.

Now that you are all fruitied up, add your greens

  • spinach
  • lettuce
  • cabbage
  • broccoli
  • avocado
  • any other green you can find
  • add sprouts too

Wizz it all up until it's to a consistency that you like. Add water or juice to keep things going. (If you don't add water or juice it comes out like pudding which is YUM too!)

Pour & drink. So good!

2 comments:

saskia said...

hmmmm, I need to get more veggies from the store before I attempt this! I have started drinking lemon in my water, in the morning I always do it. Thanks for the post!

dawn klinge said...

Thanks Bex! The fruit part of the smoothie sounds delicious, the veggies...I'm working on ;) I think I'll start with avocado in the smoothie- that seems pretty mild, and work my way up from there.