Friday, March 28, 2008

The Start...

Today I decided to start the transition from an 'eat everything' kinda girl to a RAW eatin' kinda girl.
Every year around this time (Spring), I get a hankering for change. Mainly when it comes to my diet. After Winter, like a lot of us, I am carrying extra weight & am feeling pretty blah.
I would like to have more energy so I can keep up with my kids.
I want this lifestyle change to stick so it will be a gradual thing, with tiny leetle steps taken along the way.
I won't promise you pretty pictures nor will I promise you interesting or scintillating writing.
It will be a record of how I'm feeling about the changes I am making.
You're welcome to come along for the ride.
So today I implemented two small changes. I decided to up my water intake & change one meal to completely RAW.
Today that was lunch.
Lunch consisted of lots of fruit & veg, uncooked of course. It was good...ummm...yeah.
Tune in tomorrow (?) for the continuing saga...

8 comments:

waldorfmama said...

oh yes! i've been wanting to go totally RAW for a long time now so maybe you will be my inspiration! can't wait to hear how it goes all along the way for you. :)

Yarrow said...

Best of luck. You are brave. I wish I could do it. I am just too into my foodies. I will enjoy following your progress.

dawn klinge said...

Good for you! Everything I've read and about the raw diet has been very positive. I've been pondering the idea for quite a while. I look forward to reading about your journey. Maybe I'll be able to work up the courage to join you soon.

mamãe said...

That's great! I'm a veggie and not that familiar with raw food so it'll be interesting to follow your journey into rawland :)

mamãe said...

Just wanted to add this: Have you read Sara's Happy Foody (happyfoody.com)? She started a raw challenge on March 6th.

sarah said...

We are mainly raw here. My daughter is a natural-born vegetarian and has been going more and more raw over the years, so I am following her lead. It is a wonderful way to eat. We would be 99% raw if we had a dehydrator.

Mama Randa Morning Glory said...

I wish you the best in this journey! I am a recovering picky eater (I was raised on processed foods and meat with every meal) and definately need more fresh raw produce in my duet. Reading about your process is an inspiration to me! Although I don't have the desire to ever completely give up cooked food : )

thegoodwitch said...

Hey, way to go!! When I come off this fast, I'll be right there with you!

Gawd, but I really love steaks....